Start-ups need employee uniforms just as much as small businesses that have been around for quite some time. One commonality among many start-ups is their laidback and casual work environment without enforcing a dress code policy. So, it may surprise you how much employee uniforms can enhance a business that’s new to their industry, but today we’re going to discuss that in detail. Here is why start-up companies need employee uniforms.
The Relevancy of Employee Uniforms and Start-Ups
Even with uniforms being a part of your work attire, you can still display that your company is casual, laidback, and an enjoyable place to work. Work gear can and should be professional, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be too formal or stuffy. A uniform can be anything you desire, showcasing things you’d like to highlight about your brand. We can add your unique logo to your uniforms because we specialize in custom emblems. If you want your uniform color not to be traditional or neutral, that’s an option. Besides, what brings a uniform or any form of clothing to life is the person wearing it.
More Benefits of Employee Uniforms for Your Start-Up Company
- Equality- While each of your employees is different, uniforms reinforce the idea of team cohesion or equality. Uniforms make everyone feel like they are on the same playing field, and no one is better than the other.
- Brand Emphasis – As we discussed in last week’s blog, uniforms, especially custom-embroidered uniforms, are moving billboards. They make quite a difference in customer-facing roles.
- Time Saver – For the employees that don’t like to think about what to wear to work, employee uniforms will save them time.
Considerations for Picking Out Start-Up Uniforms
Each industry is different and requires specific compliances. Therefore, this is not an end-all to be all in terms of picking out start-up employee uniforms, but it can be helpful if you don’t know where to begin.
- Choose a few words that highlight what you want your uniforms to represent (e.g., professional, unique, etc.)
- What kind of style or look matters in your industry? A t-shirt versus a polo shirt has significant differences in aesthetics.
- Will your team be comfortable in their uniforms?
Reach out to Lord Baltimore Uniform Rental today for all of your small business uniform rental needs.
Trust Your Employee Uniforms to the Professionals at Lord Baltimore
For over forty years, Lord Baltimore has provided cost-effective uniform rental services throughout the East Coast, including Maryland, Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Southern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
To learn more about how employee uniforms can help your business, please contact Joe Bateman at Lord Baltimore by calling 800-292-1224 or visit LordBaltimoreUniform.com. We also handle uniform and mat rentals and purchase for restaurants. Additionally, we also sell and rent uniforms, shop towels, fender covers, and mats for the manufacturing and automotive industries.