It only takes a prospective customer or client seven to 17 seconds to form their first impression of your business, according to David Saxby, president of Measure-X, a Phoenix-based company that specializes in helping utilities improve their customer service and sales. So what is the first thing a prospective customer or client sees when they walk into your business? Your employees, of course! Like it or not, your employees are the face of your business.
What do prospective customers think when they see your employees?
While we are taught at an early age not to “judge a book by its cover,” that is exactly what people do. They judge your employees and ultimately your business based on the appearance of your employees.
What kind of first impressions are your employees giving?
First Impressions are Everything
You, as a business owner, know the importance of appearance. One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to ensure you are giving your customer the best possible first impression you can is to outfit your employees with uniforms. Attractive, well-fitting uniforms distinguish your employees as capable, trustworthy professionals who can get the job done.
But does it make more sense to buy or rent uniforms for your employees?
The Benefits of Rental Uniforms
- Convenience: Your uniform rental company will handle everything, from pickup and delivery to cleaning.
- Initial Investment: Buying uniforms for your employees can be expensive, especially if you are in an industry with a lot of turnover. When you opt for rental uniforms, you pay a flat, weekly fee.
- Clean Uniforms: Relying on your employees to wash their own uniforms is a risk. There is no guarantee they will actually do so. And cleaning uniforms in-house requires purchasing washers and dryers. Rental uniforms, on the other hand, are picked up from your business to be washed and freshly laundered uniforms are dropped off in their place.
- Uniform Repairs & Replacement: When you buy uniforms, you are responsible for repairing and replacing those uniforms. This can be costly. When you rent uniforms, they are repaired and replaced at no additional cost.
- Flexibility: As your work force increases, you can make adjustments to your rental service as needed.
For over thirty years, Lord Baltimore Uniform and Linen Rental has provided outstanding uniform rental service to Maryland, Washington DC, northern Virginia, Southern Pennsylvania, and Delaware. We are driven to provide responsive, attentive, professional customer service!
If you have any questions about Uniform Rental, Lease, or Purchase, please contact Joe Bateman at Lord Baltimore Uniform & Linen Rental at 800-292-1224 or visit LordBaltimoreUniform.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.